Forex rollover/swaps explained
A forex rollover/swap is the interest paid or earned for holding any trading position open overnight. It is essential to consider the following elements of rollover/swap charges:
- Rollover/swaps are charged on the client’s live trading account only on the positions kept open until the next forex trading day.
- The rollover process begins at the end of day, precisely at 23:59 server time.
- There is a possibility that some currency pairs may have negative rollover/swap rates on both sides (long/short).
- When the rollover/swap rates are in points, the forex trading platform changes them automatically into the base currency of the account.
- The rollover/swaps are calculated and applied on every trading night. On Wednesday night rollover/swaps are charged at triple rate.
- The rollover/swap rates are subject to change. Please refer to the Market Watch panel in our MetaTrader 4 for the most up-to-date rollover/swap rates, and follow the steps outlined below:
- Right-click inside the Market Watch
- Select Symbols or Specification
- Select the desired currency pairs in the pop-up window
- Click the Properties button on the right side
- Rollover/swap rates for the specific pair are shown (swap long, swap short)
For the latest rollover swap rates
Choose the desired currency pairs in the pop-up window
Right click inside the Market Watch and choose Specification
Click the Properties button on the right side
Rollover/Swap rates for the particular pair are displayed